: Jan 01, 2020 08:30 AM
: Jan 01, 2020 04:30 PM
3) The last day of the auction, you will notice a countdown in hours and minutes until that lot closes. Generally, our lots close by 1, 2, 3 or at a time, each auction is different.
4) Our lots close with our automatic extension system which grants a five minute extension to the end of the sale of any item receiving a bid during the last few minutes. The item will then close when five minutes have elapsed without any activity.
5) Your Internet bids are a contract and you are responsible for honoring them.
6) All items are sold as is - where is. In the case of obvious faults (chips, cracks, significant damage, etc.) we do our best to list the fault within the description. We will provide descriptions based on our assessment of an item. However, we do not assume that our assessment of condition will be the same as your assessment. Most of the items we sell are antique, vintage, or used. You should expect signs of wear consistent with age and we will not list every flaw associated with each item as these are to be expected. We offer a public preview inspection for the sole purpose of allowing you the opportunity to see it in person before placing a bid. If you are unsure of an items condition, make arrangements to attend the preview and please bid accordingly.
7) All sales are subject to appropriate state sales tax laws. Vendors must provide the appropriate Vendors license information (state and license #) prior to the end of the sale. Once we receive your information you are not required to resend it for future sales unless it is upon The Auction Floor’s request.
8) Purchases not paid for and picked up in accordance with the removal terms will be forfeited and resold with no credit given to the buyer. The buyer's account will then be turned over to collections for the combined total of the original invoice amount and moving or disposal charges.
9) If you cannot pay for and pick up the items during the times specified, we ask that you refrain from bidding so that other potential purchasers are not affected.
10) If you have won an item and would like to have it shipped, just reply to the email invoice you receive following the sale so that we can arrange shipping to place you with your item(s).
11) Items which require shipping: We will do our best to project shipping any particular item prior to the sale. Feel free to call or email with questions- we worked hard to source these items. We will work equally hard to place them.
12) If, after winning an item, you determine you are unable to pick up your item during the scheduled removal date and time, you must contact us 24 hours prior to the scheduled removal date and time to determine if alternate arrangements can be made. This should only be considered as a last resort and on an exception basis. We may be able to arrange for an alternate pickup date and time (subject to availability). Items which cannot be moved will be forfeited and may be subject to disposal charges in addition to the original invoice amount.
13) The Auction Floor is not responsible for the acts or omissions in our packing or shipping of purchased lots or of other carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots is at the entire risk of the purchaser.
Additional Terms of Website Use
The following terms are defined for use in this agreement, and their meaning in this agreement is limited to the given definition.
You, Bidder, Your, Buyer and User: These terms refer to you.
The Auction Floor, We, Us, the Company and Our: These terms all refer to The Auction Floor.
Seller: refers to one or more sellers utilizing the Site to market assets.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION GATHERING.
Access to some areas and use of some functions of the Site may require you to be or become a registrant. When and if you become or apply to become a registrant, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by our and our sellers registration forms (including your e-mail address), and (b) to maintain and update your information (including your e-mail address) to keep it accurate, current, and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of this Site and related services. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a password. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your password, and you agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PASSWORD, AND YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING BIDS AND PURCHASES) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
The Auction Floor requires information from every person who registers on the Site, including the following.
Home Phone Number.
Work Phone Number.
Credit Card Info.
Sellers using Our services may require additional information from you before you will be eligible to bid in a particular auction event or on particular auction assets. The Auction Floor gathers aggregate information about Site usage, including but not limited to, the number of visitors, most visited pages, length of visit, conversations and any and all correspondence. We routinely provide sellers with most if not all of the information which is in your registered bidder profile. The Auction Floor will never share your credit card information. Sellers may then use the information for any purposes. We may provide your information to others, including but not limited to, collection agencies, if you do not pay agreed upon amounts when due.
OWNERSHIP OF THE SITE.
The Site is owned and operated by The Auction Floor in Cincinnati Ohio. The content on the Site includes, but is not limited to: text, graphics, logos, audio and video clips, software server information, and anything else hosted on or delivered through this Site and any other web domains accessed through this site. All rights to our content, services, and server information are reserved and are the sole property of The Auction Floor.
Relationship Between The Auction Floor and Sellers.
The Auction Floor is an exclusive agent of the sellers using the Site. The Auction Floor almost never evaluates the quality of the items auctioned on the Site or verifies any claims made by each seller regarding its items.
HOW CAN YOU USE THIS WEBSITE?
Bidder Duties and Responsibilities:
Bidders agree to keep their Bidder name and password confidential and are solely responsible for any activity generated utilizing their Site bidding account.
When using the Site you must obey all applicable federal, state and local laws. Any use of the Site that violates any applicable laws will be grounds for discontinuing your rights to the Site. The Site was created and will be operated from the United States.
Unacceptable Uses for The Site.
Users may not engage in fraudulent, deceptive or intentionally disruptive or malicious activity of any kind.
Users are prohibited from engaging in activity that compromises the Site. Such activities include, but are not limited to, hacking, distribution of malicious software, spamming, mailbombing or crashing.
Users may not engage in any activity designed to impede the use of the Site by other users. Users are prohibited from engaging in any activity that jams the Site, including overloading and flooding.
Users are prohibited from framing or deep linking into the Site.
Any access to the Site by means of any process, including but not limited to, manually scraping, spiders, bots or any similar devices, is prohibited unless The Auction Floor consents to such use in writing.
Anyone duplicating the pages, modifying the Site, or the content of the Site, must have written permission, prior to his or her activity, from The Auction Floor.
You may not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction conducted on our Site. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not disclose or share your password with any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purpose. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our pages or the content contained herein without our prior written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
The Auction Floor is not responsible for and expressly disclaims liability for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages. The Auction Floor disclaims any express or implied warranties, any warranty of merchantability, warranty of fitness for particular purpose, or warranty of non-infringement.
This is an "As-Is" Site. You accept that you use the Site to your own risk and without any guarantees or promises from The Auction Floor or its sellers. This includes the functionality and operation of the Site. The Auction Floor does not guarantee that the Site will be operational 100% of the time.
The Auction Floor does not guarantee that you will always be able to access the auctions listed on the Site. The Site is usually available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we retain the right to make the Site unavailable from time to time for any reason or no reason. We shall not be liable for any damages arising from any interruption, suspension, or termination of the Site.
The Auction Floor, in its sole discretion, may terminate access for any reason to our Website. The Auction Floor, in its sole discretion, may terminate your registration to bid and bidder account. You guarantee that the information you supply to The Auction Floor is accurate. Users agree to indemnify and hold The Auction Floor harmless from any lawsuit based on users' negligence or activities.